TRU Industry Q1 2022 Update
On a quarterly basis, Rypos shares valuable insight gained from the network of dealers and fleet operators we work with, updates on the current market, a review of compliance efforts, and news on Rypos product development that fleet operators will find useful. With our first update of 2022, we provided updates on the following items:
Market & Dealer Feedback – The impact of the pandemic has continued to affect the industry with TRU deliveries pushed out well into 2022 (some extending into 2023) with additional delays on parts impacting repairs. Despite the headwinds, Fleet freight rates are on the increase and dealer’s service business has been stable.
- CARB Enforcement Update – As CARB’s year-end compliance extensions ended on March 31st, 2022, they announced the end of further extensions and a lack of leniency for fleets operating in non-compliance as they step up their presence in all regions and times day/night.
- Rypos’ Filter Availability – Rypos has inventory for TK single temp and multi-temp units as well as Carrier filters and our production capabilities have not been impacted by supply-chain constraints.
- New Rypos Products – Rypos’ CARB verified, Carrier X4 7300 and 7500 model filters have been in production for over 12 months now with positive feedback on ease of installation and belt life. Our Thermo King C Series filter product for the C-600 TRU is expected to be verified by the second half of this year with an identified fleet utilized to accelerate the verification process.
- ARB Update – ARB Compliance for 2015 and older TRUs is required by year-end 2022 and as always, brokers, forwarders, shippers, or receivers cannot hire noncompliant refrigerated carriers to haul perishable goods in California.
Service Update – Rypos presented information on changes to the recent service bulletin to address CARB regulations for TK Filter plugs and the Carrier filter flange.
TRU Contacts at Rypos:
- Peter Ellison, West Coast Regional Sales Manager
- Ph: 949-395-4190
- email: email@example.com
- Debbie Gorman-Dill, Inside Sales Representative
- Ph: 774-233-1018
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Collins, VP Sales & Marketing
- Ph: 774-233-1035 cell: 617-548-5829
- email: email@example.com
- Paul Anderson, President
- Peter Guzman, Manager, Customer Service
- Ph: 508-429-4552 cell: 315-382-4753
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org